Paper Clipping headed “Opening Night at Peoria’s Old Grand Opera.” Written by Haskell Armstrong. Picture of the Opera House located on Hamilton St. across from the Court House. Toward Jefferson St. is the home of Hervey Lightner. Opened Opera House Sept. 7, 1882. (Co. Jail on the Adams St. Side.) The opening was Emma Abbott, Grand English Opera Co.
Wetherell Pratt- Directors.
At 8 P.M. Adam’s Oriental Comic Opera in 3 Acts. – “King for a Day.” Emma Abbott, Lizzie Annadale, Alonzo Stoddard,m John Stoddard, Gustaves Hall, Valentine Fabrini, Arthur Connell, William Broderick, and Zephoris and William Castle, Grand Chorus and Orchestra. Musical Director- J.H. Rosewald. Stage Manager – Gustavus Hall. Reprint of Ads of the stores and restaurants to celebrate the opening of the Opera House. Reprint of paper reviews of the Opera.
